Aug 20, 2010

Deseret Industries

I was out of work for quite some time, and it sucked. Then Justin Woods mentioned that he was working at the DI. My neighbor Robert Kimmel was able to put in a good word for me with the bosses. I got hired to work in the children's clothing, men's clothing, and the collectibles. Children's clothes was fun because I liked seeing all the baby clothes. Collectibles was crazy, it was all locked in glass cases, and I had the keys to open them. We would bring out a cart with new stuff to put in the cases, and the vultures would crowd around. Vultures were the people that would come early before the store even opened, and lined up outside waiting them to open the doors. The doors would open and they would run into the store like it was Disneyland. I kid you not, they would actually run. They would spend all day at the DI. Many of them told me it was their job, they were online antique dealers. It was interesting. DI has done many great things for me. My job coach Lucas, is always looking for better jobs where I can work.   - H

No comments:

Post a Comment